Monday, September 28, 2009

Blueberry

Growing on the misty mountains
of Acadia National Park -
small little blue beads of
sweet fruit stuff -
I think of the girl carted
out of Wonka World turning
into a blueberry-
I think of Boo Berry cereal
from my youth, though
I can't recall if it was
blueberry based
but the ghost seemed happy enough
as if the cereal was blueberry taste-
I think of my brother
who they said loved blueberries
so much as a baby & ate so
many that he grew out to resemble one-
then they showed me the pictures
to prove it & he still remains
the plumpiest baby I've ever seen-
I think of the time in the mist
On the mountain
Exhausted from the strenuous hike.
Moisture clinging to everything
And there in the cracks of
the boulders & rocks
vines had been creeping
to breathe
and their breath is blueberries
and I run my fingers along the vines
softly collecting a big handful
and in one motion
all those small little blue beads of
sweet fruit stuff
get tossed in my mouth
and I become the girl in Wonka World
and I become the Boo Berry Ghost
and I become the plumpest baby
and I become the doe on the
mountainside silently
munching on the vine's breath
and I become a little blue bead of
sweet fruit stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment