Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1

10:47 am

So. Day 1 in the 365 challenge. I spent a small portion of my day looking for a copy of the Trey show I went to when he played at the Meyerhoff with the BSO... cathartic night that I need a recording of to play for my friends who just couldn't go. Not finding it, and reading an email from my buddy about starting 365 today, I decided to jump into this...
Kristen just stopped in and asked how my weekend was::::::
:::::: I swung through Whole Foods expecting delicious lumps of lamb and beef and chicken skewed on kabob sticks for me to purchase and take to Lee St. for some Saturday afternoon grilling. Alas, there weren't any and the woman behind the glass display case apologized. She reminded me of a friend's mother who I knew in elementary school, and wrinkles creases about her eyes as though she just was at the beach the previous week. She informed me that they were understaffed and haven't been able to get to making as many kabobs as they wanted. Instead, I ordered ten chicken drumsticks that made my mouth water for the savory jamaican sauce spread all over them. I also ended up ordering two lbs. of shrimp and 1.23 lbs. of scallops.
The bbq went terrific with some juicy hamburgers to finish off the meats... actually it was a feast of only meats. We also played some bocce in the park. :::::::
:::::: A nice relaxing weekend to say the least. Three weeks left of school now and I'm reallly looking forward to getting the summer started. The last day is June 19th and Lori's having the end-of-the-year bonfire which I plan on staying at until my flight for Denver takes off on the 20th. Day One of Summer will be on a plane going West. It's funny how that works, since the last day of last summer was spent on a plane coming east from San Francisco. Only convenient then to pick up exactly where I left off. Can't wait for that!!!

1 comment:

  1. from west to east and then back again....the journey continues. . . .
    The kabobs sounded good; no one (or thing) is immune from the recession, though. I guess when kabobs are in high enough demand, people will start working again...
    Now I know how I'm spending my weekend:
    "Yes. That is right. 57 Kabobs, please. To Go."

    ReplyDelete